Read in Sinhala and Tamil (in PDF format)
- Pensioners are required to submit their Life Certificates through the Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission or Post in their country of residence or directly at the Foreign Pension Division of the Department of Pensions.
- Specimen form of “Life Certificate 2018” should be downloaded from the www.pensions.lk website. The duly filled specimen form should be submitted to the Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission or Post or the Foreign Pensions Division by the pensioner him/herself along with the confirmation of their identity by producing a valid passport.
- Life certificates attested only by the Director General of Pensions/Director, Pensions/Assistant Director (Pensions) /authorized officers in a Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission/Post or Divisional Head (Foreign Pensions) are accepted as valid life certificates.
- Pensioners who are not able to visit a Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission or Post due to old age or ill health should hand over their life certificates certified by a doctor who is treating him/her to the Department of Pensions through the Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission or Post.
- Obtained life certificates through the Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission or Post should be scanned at the Sri Lanka Diplomatic Mission or Post and entered into the data system of the Department of Pensions using the application.pensions.gov.lk/foreignmenu. The acceptance/rejection would be done after an inspection by the Department of Pensions.
- Life certificates of those foreign pensioners who submitted their life certificates to the Foreign Pension Division of the Department of Pensions will be entered into the data system directly after the attestation of the Director General of Pensions/Director (Pensions) /Assistant Director (Pensions) or Divisional Head (Foreign Pensions). Notifying to pensioners on the life certificates entered into the data system and life certificates rejected due to incomplete information provided will be done through the Department website from 01.04.2018 to 30.04.2018.
- Pensioners who are abroad for less than three (03) years and obtain their pensions via the Divisional Secretaries should submit their life certificates through their Divisional Secretaries.
- Action will be taken to suspend pension payments temporarily from May 2018 of pensioners who have not submitted their life certificates by 31.03.2018. A relief period to re-submit the life certificates will be granted from 01.04.2018 to 30.04.2018 to pensioners who had already submitted their life certificates but the certificates were rejected due to incomplete information. Action will be taken to suspend the pension payments temporarily from May 2018 to those pensioners who have not submitted their life certificates during the stipulated period. Arrears of pension payments on behalf of pensioners who have not submitted life certificates would be notified later.
- Your cooperation in the submission of life certificates for the year 2018 would be highly appreciated, as the pension payment process is depended on the confirmation of the identity of the pensioners.
|New Circular dated 05/2011 -Payment of pension to Sri Lankan pensioners resident abroad||Download[Sinhala]|
|Amended Pension Circular 16/2009 of 06.04.2010 (Data Entry Forms]||Download|
|Date for Payment of Pensions||Download|
|Life Certificate for Pensioners||Download|